Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
Today, there is a plethora of books available in the market on Objective Arithmetic which seems to be complete in their way, but are still unable to fully satisfy the aspirants.
LET US KNOW SOME OF THE REASONS
Lack of Understanding the Basic Concepts
Mostly, students face a competitive examination on the base of their knowledge about mathematical rules, formulae and concepts. Inspite of having the knowledge, he lacks behind when he faces questions in the examination. Does he realise this inability? Yes, he does but feels confused and blocked when he is unable to solve them and is left with a sense of grudge that he could solve it. The only reason behind this problem is the understanding of basic concepts. If he would have been clear with them, he could solve any of the questions because as a matter of fact, every question is based on a particular concept which is just twisted in the examinations to judge the overall ability of a student.
Inappropriate Use of Short Tricks
This is the second biggest problem in front of the aspirants. The number of questions asked in the competitive examination is much more than the time assigned for diem. This leads die aspirants to use shortcut mediods. Although, diese mediods prove to be beneficial in some cases, but due to time management problems, he gets bound to use these methods irrationally and inappropriately. As a result, he jumbles between all the shortcuts which lead to wrong answers which could have been solved if he knew when and where to apply the shortcut methods.
Inability to Distinguish Between the Applications of Formulae
We all are aware of the amount of stress and pressure a competitive examination creates on the mindset of an aspirant. Succumbed to such pressure, an aspirant is unable to decide the appropriate formula to be applied in a particular step. During the crisis of time, such confusion adds to the problems and squeezes in more time and results to an unsatisfactory score.
Keeping in mind all kinds of problems faced by an aspirant in a competitive examination, we have developed diis book with profound interest in a step-wise method to encounter all your queries and worries. This book named ‘FAST TRACK ARITHMETIC is wordiy to fulfill your expectations and will help you as loyal guide throughout.
OUTSTANDING QUALITIES OF FAST-TRACK OBJECTIVE ARITHMETIC
Use of Fundamental Formulae and Method
In this book, all the fundamental formulae and methods have been presented in such a striking yet friendly and systematic manner that just going through them once will give you an effective grasp. They have been
present in such a manner that they, will never let you get confused between fast track technique and basic method.
Appropriate Short Cut Methods
An important feature of this book is its short cut methods or tricks given in the name of “fast track formulae or techniques”. Each technique is given with its basic or fundamental method. So, that a student can use these tricks according to their desire and save there precious time in exams.
Division of Exercises According to the Difficulty Level
Based on the standard and level of difficulty of various questions, the exercises are divided into two parts i.e., ‘Base level exercise’ for relatively easier questions and ‘Higher skill level exercise’ for difficult questions. ‘Multiconcept questions’ which requires a use of different concepts in a single question have also been incorporated with important chapters.
Special Emphasise on Geometry, Trigonometry and Mensuration
Now-a-days, Questions from geometry, trigonometry and mensuration are asked in large numbers in different exams. So, a large variety and number of questions are provided for tiiese chapters.
Completely Updated with Questions from Recent Exams
This book is incorporated with die questions from all the recent competitive exams, held in year 2013-14.
This book is a brain child of Mr Deepesh Jain, Director, Arihant Publications (India) Limited. Richa Agarwal, Diwakar Sharma and Shivam Mittal have given their best and sincere efforts for die completion and final presentations of die book.
The entire project has been managed and supervised by Mr Mahendra Singh Rawat and Mr Amit Verma. Aas Mohammed and Pradeep are to be complemented for very apt designing to the book cover. Amit Bansal and Mayank Saini have given their expertise in the layout of the book. Everyone’s contribution for tiiis book is very special and is worthy of great applause. Reader’s recommendations will be highly treasured.
With best compliments
Content of Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- 1. Number System Numerals • Face Value and Place Value of the Digits in a Number • Types ofNumbers • Operations on Numbers • Divisibility Tests Unit’s Place of an Expression• Basic Number Theory
- 2. Number Series Types of Series • Types of Questions Asked on Number Series
- 3. HCF and LCM Factors and Multiples • Least Common Multiple (LCM)« Highest Common Factor(HCF) • Method to Calculate LCM and HCF of Fractions • Fast Track Techniquesto Solve the Questions • Method to Solve Questions Based on Bells
- 4. Simple and Decimal Fractions Simple Fraction • Decimal Fraction • Operations on Simple Fractions • Operations onDecimal Fractions • Comparison of Simple Fractions • Fast Track Formulae to Solve dieQuestions
- 5. Square Root and Cube Root Square • Square Root • Properties of Squares and Square Roots • Fast Track Formulaeto Solve the Questions • Fast Track Techniques to Solve the Questions •Cube• Cube Root • Properties of Cube and Cube Roots
- 6. Indices and Surds Indices • Surds • Properties of surds • Operations on Surds • Fast Track Techniquesto Solve the Questions
- 7. Simplification VBODMAS Rule • Basic Formulae
- 8. Approximation Basic Rules to Solve the Problems by Approximation
- 9. Word Problems Based on Numbers Types of Word Problems Based on Numbers
- 10. Average Average • Properties of Average • Important Formulae Related to Average of Numbers •Fast Track Techniques to Solve the Questions • Average Speed
- 11. Percentage Percentage • Formulae to Calculate Percentage • Fast Track Techniques to Solve theQuestions
- 12. Profit and Loss Basic Formulae Related to Profit and Loss • Fast Track Techniques to Solve die Questions
- 13. Discount Marked Price • Basic Formulae Related to Discount • Successive Discount • Fast TrackTechniques to Solve die Questions
- 14. Simple Interest Simple Interest (SI) • Instalments • Fast Track Techniques to Solve die Questions
- 15. Compound Interest Basic Formulae Related Compound Interest • Instalments • Fast Track Techniques toSolve die Questions
- 16. True Discount and Banker’s Discount True Discount • Fast Track Formulae to Solve die Questions • Banker’s Discount
- 17. Ratio and Proportion Ratio • Comparison of Ratios • Proportion • Fast Track Techniques to Solve die Questions
- 18. Mixture or Alligation Mixture • Rule of Mixture or Alligation • Fast Track Techniques to Solve die Questions
- 19. Partnership Types of Partnership • Types of Partners • Fast Track Techniques to Solve the Questions
- 20. Unitary Method Direct Proportion • Indirect Proportion
- 21. Problem Based on Ages Important Rules for Problem Based on Ages • Fast Track Techniques to Solve the Questions
- 22. Work and Time Basic Rules Related to Work and Time • Fast Track Techniques to Solve the Questions
- 23. Work and Wages Important Points • Fast Track Formulae to Solve die Questions
- 24. Pipes and Cisterns Important Points • Fast Track Techniques to Solve the Questions
- 25. Speed, Time and Distance Basic Formulae Related to Speed, Time and Distance • Fast Track Techniques to Solvethe Questions
- 26. Problems Based on Trains Basic Rules Related to Problems Based on Trains • Fast Track Techniques to Solve theQuestions
- 27. Boats and Streams Basic Formulae Related to Boats and Streams • Fast Track Techniques to Solve die Questions
- 28. Races and Games of Skill Important Terms • Some Facts about Race • Fast Track Techniques to Solve die Questions
- 29. Clock and Calendar Clock • Important Points Related to Clock • Fast Track Techniques to Solve die Questions• Calender • Ordinary Year • Leap Year • Odd Days
- 30. Linear Equations Linear Equations in One, Two and Three Variables • Metiiods of Solving Linear Equations• Consistency of the System of Linear Equations
- 31. Quadratic Equations Important Points Related to Quadratic Equations • Methods of Solving QuadraticEquations • Fast Track Formulae to Solve die Questions
- 32. Permutations and Combinations Permutation • Cases of Permutation • Combination • Cases of Combination • Factorial •Fundamental Principles of Counting • Fast Track Formulae to Solve die Questions
- 33. Probability Terms Related to Probability • Event • Rules/Theorems Related to Probability. • Types ofQuestions
- 34. Area and Perimeter Area • Perimeter • Triangle • Properties of Triangle • Quadrilateral • Regular Polygon •Circle • Fast Track Techniques to Solve the Questions
- 35. Volume and Surface Area Volume • Surface Area • Cube • Cuboid • Cylinder • Cone • Sphere • Prism • Pyramid •Fast Track Techniques to Solve the Questions
- 36. Geometry Point • Line • Angle • Triangle • Congruency of Triangles • Similarity of Triangles •Quadrilateral • Polygons • Circle
- 37. Coordinate Geometry Rectangular Coordinate Axes • Quadrants • Distance Formula • Basic Points Related toStraight Lines
- 38. Trigonometry Measurement of Angles • Relation between Radian and Degrees • Trigonometric Ratios •Trigonometric Identities • Sign of Trigonometric Functions • Trigonometric Ratios ofCombined Angles
- 39. Height and Distance Line of Sight • Horizontal Line • Angle of Elevation Angle of Depression
- 40. Data Table
- 41. Pie Chart
- 42. Bar Chart Types of Bar Chart
- 43. Line Graph Types of Line Graph
- 44. Mixed Graph
- 45. Data Sufficiency
- Fast Track Practice Sets